REACHUP, Inc. and its’ Central Hillsborough Healthy Start Program partners with the FL Association of Healthy Start Coalitions in a successful partnership formed the Pregnancy Medical Home Mothers and Newborns Initiative. We are excited about our Enhanced Care Model role which includes medical, psychosocial and behavioral interventions.
The state Healthy Start Coalition of Hillsborough County, Inc. serves as the Project Lead. REACHUP, Inc., is a part of the joint venture through its work over the past 14 years with one of the federal HS prenatal provider offices Exodus Clinic. This relationship has implemented the Pregnancy Medical Home (PMH model) in Hillsborough county to reduce preterm births and improve equities in this service area. This project serves as a pilot for the state of Florida in preparation for Medicaid reform and the redesign of state Florida Healthy Start services.
Clients will receive:
- Face to face visits in the OB office
- Screens for DV, substance abuse and misuse and mental health concerns
- HROB Case Management
- Chronic Disease Management
- Explanation of medical regime
- Assistance with procuring maternal/fetal testing/medications
- Referrals to community resources
- Family planning, birth plans schedule postpartum visit and follow up to make sure it is kept